Scrounger's Jackpot - Triple Team

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a "General" model I bought last year. I have Zero need for it now. Im sure we could work something out if you wanted it Jwoair23?

The end pins are slightly bent, but you will understand when you use it. . .

PM me if you would like it? So we can work out the shipping?
You are a good dude, Dex. I mean that.

Reactions: DexterDay

Payin it Forward. I have had some Good People do Good Things for me...

Has truly put me where I am now. I have a job that I love...... And I thank someone everyday I go to work. Without that, I wouldn't be able to provide for my family the way I do..... Sometimes another person can play a big part in anothers life. A big influence to some. I have a couple I am thankful for... I'm sure we ALL do...

I am going to the Cabin next Sunday (one week from today) in Pa. Hope to be there all week. Wife is talking about leaving earlier than I want to??? But if I can get the time, I would like to drive out and meet you? Would be my pleasure.

Reactions: ScotO
Dexter I am PM'ing you now! Thanks!

Agreed, Dexter has been hugely helpful in helping me and giving me a lot of good advice on this forum!

And by the way, I missed your post earlier in this thread about the Timberline. It is going great, I have kind of gotten the hang of it now and I love having a sharp chain all the time! Makes the work that much easier.

Reactions: DexterDay and ScotO
Payin it Forward. I have had some Good People do Good Things for me...

Has truly put me where I am now. I have a job that I love...... And I thank someone everyday I go to work. Without that, I wouldn't be able to provide for my family the way I do..... Sometimes another person can play a big part in anothers life. A big influence to some. I have a couple I am thankful for... I'm sure we ALL do...

I am going to the Cabin next Sunday (one week from today) in Pa. Hope to be there all week. Wife is talking about leaving earlier than I want to??? But if I can get the time, I would like to drive out and meet you? Would be my pleasure.
we'll try to do that. I'll PM you my number.....

Update:
Well I know you guys are yelling at me to leave the splitting alone and go get more, but yesterday was a rainout and today I didn't have the time (its about 25 miles from my house), so I got to a-splittin' today. One load split and stacked was a 1/2 cord, and this pile was 2 loads, so this should be about 1 full cord. It took me about 3.5 hours with my trusty maul. Not sure if thats good or bad, but I am not aiming for speed, I just enjoy the process!

Now I just have to find two more pallets, and stacking will be next. Planning on another trip to the farm later this week!

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: DexterDay and ScotO
Nice clean splits jwoair................your process area is growing. Splits are now covering the green grass

lol don't I know it! I am adding one more pallet lengthwise, then I am probably going to have to double up and start a second row of pallets. I already have my house surrounded my wood, literally (pictures in previous posts) so I guess I will just slowly work my way up the hill into the grass.:cool:

do yourself a favor and leave a 6 to 8" airspace between your pallets(on the sides, not lengthwise), that will allow the wood to season a little better...

I think you guys need bigger trucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.