Scroungin made easy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
Today my neighbor had 3 trees taken down. I scrounged 2 truck loads in between my landscape project today. Maybe I'll get the rest tommorrow. I'll pass on the pine tho I have 2 cord of pine and 1 still yo split. My parents and wife say I need meetings.... I am addicted :)

Occo370 said:
Today my neighbor had 3 trees taken down. I scrounged 2 truck loads in between my landscape project today. Maybe I'll get the rest tommorrow. I'll pass on the pine tho I have 2 cord of pine and 1 still yo split. My parents and wife say I need meetings.... I am addicted :)

Good deal, what type of wood did you get in the two loads?

zap

I'm not an expert but I think it's oak and maple.

Being the addict I am. I would of taken the pine. That's y I told the tree guy to take it

Occo370 said:
I'm not an expert but I think it's oak and maple.

The maple should season in one year but the oak I understand takes 2-3 years of seasoning, take all the wood you can it's like money in the bank.

zap

Hanks. I usually do but I have a huge oak and cherry coming my way next week so don't want to get bogged down withe the pine since I have quite a bit of it already

Tell the wife you went to a meeting and they said the only cure was to start drinking or chasing women and tell her it's her choice !!

Status
Not open for further replies.