Scrounging ... "for the children"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianK

Several of our homeschooling families get together here on a regular basis over the summer for serious campfires, and week long camp outs. One family has an acre set aside for the campground. They go through a lot of firewood. A neighbor cut down seven pine trees last week, so we hauled away all of the wood for them. This is a 16x6 trailer, great load of pine for campfires, and the kids are thrilled:

Attachments

• pine scrounge.JPG
    pine scrounge.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 131
And the rear tire appears a bit slack.

And the rear tire appears a bit slack.
That's why one of the boys was sitting on the ground. He was topping off all the tires. I need to replace two of them. Fortunately the prior owner included two new tires when I bought it. I just need to get them mounted.

Be careful. It appears that you are parked on quite a hill.

Uh...that was just my poor photo skills. Everything was parked on level there.;em

Another joy of home schooling! Sounds like a great time.

fv

Another joy of home schooling! Sounds like a great time.

fv

It truly is. One parent is always along as a chaperone for the camp outs. One family has learned all the instruments to play Irish music, and my boys bring along all the best ditties from their Boy Scouts experience. The music and silliness is really a joy. We've been homeschooling for 14 years now. Best decision we ever made!

Reactions: fireview2788
In many ways I can see where home schooling can really be much better than public schooling so long as adults have the extra time to spend with the kids. For sure they can learn many more hands-on skills which will serve them well the rest of their lives. I certainly wish we could have done this with our two boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.