Searching for dry wood around Sturbridge, MA...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nojo

Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2009
Western/cent Mass
Hey guys,
i've been getting small boxes of wood from various suppliers who all told me their wood was fully seasoned, split for 10 months ect.. One even said "its been drying the greenhouse for 10 months." Well it all burns like crap compared to a small amount of dry stuff I got form a guy who is out of wood right now, out of 'dry wood' anyway.
All the stuff I've been getting sizzles and wont get up to temp so if anyone knows a reputable supplier in my area please let me know. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks!

You could try Smart out of Monson. I think 1 -413-267-3827

Or Westview farms out of Monson, MA. He supplies alot of people around the area. 413 246-1721

Not sure they go out your way but worth a call.

They just might Im in Warren. I was going to drive by there last week but got side tracked. I wasnt sure if they did wood but I recalled seeing some being split a few years ago. Any idea on the cord price? I probably cant get ahold of them till monday.

Thanks!

Lemme dig up my old wood guy's # He is local in palmer, about 10 mins from the warren line via old warren road then rt 67.

Sorry no idea on prices. I havent used either in a few years. We have been buying locally.
Seem to remember better customer service with westview but its been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.