Seasoned apple wood, $170 a cord delivered? Good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we're all reading you may want to get enough for next year.
If wood is getting hard to get now next year may be worse. I haven't
heard of any problems here but I don't buy wood.

fossil said:
My nephew lives in Yakima. Sergeant with the Washington State Patrol. Gonna see him out on the coast in 3 weeks for a few days. He said he was gonna bring me a little load of apple in the back of his truck next time he came down. Hope he does. If nothing else, I'd like to try grilling/smoking with it. WW, you did good, nice going! Rick

ROTF.....must not be any milage restrictions on wood out there yet. :)

We do have some apple maggot quarantine areas.

Apple is a great wood to burn but a huge PITA to C&S;I probably got over 50 I could cut but it's so difficult to make decent production I'm just content to let them go wild and let those crappy little apples feed the deer. The only time I cut 'em for FW is when they die or blow down. Of course I've got 4 trees in an orchard I take good care of but as far as FW trees...way too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.