Seasoning firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Sep 18, 2008
Sask.
I cut 10 cords of poplar white aspen firewood last winter I stuck a moisture meter in the smaller 3 in quarters were 15 percent and the big ones were between 15 and 20 percent 5 or more 1nch quarters do you think it will be ready to burn I checked it three weeks ago and it was reading this there is still two more months to dry I think it will be ready dont you guys This is for my Opel 3 woodburning fireplace.

Sounds like its ready, one sure way to check is split open one of the fat ones and check it where its freshly split

All I know is, .........they say 20% or less is good! (Moisture reading).

-Soupy1957

As long as you are checking it properly, but even without checking, popple usually dries pretty fast, even if it isn't split.

Status
Not open for further replies.