Secondaries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
Happy thanksgiving. I'm sitting down in front if fire this morning relaxing. I've noticed something about my secondary burn. It seems it's usually the tube in back doing all the work. Does this mean anything other than it's hotter back there.
sy5e6ypu.jpg

Guessing it could also depend on how air enters the stove. If the back tube gets air first maybe thats where the action tends to be. Could also be how the stove is designed to exhaust or how the stove is loaded if the gases are tending to concentrate towards the back. I seem to have the opposite effect at least early in the burn cycle, my mid and front tubes light up first. Gonna look at the manual but manuals on these things unfortunately are usually of little help. no detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.