Secondary Tube broken or just knocked loose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Riverside_eng

May 25, 2018
Haverhill, MA
Was looking at my fire and noticed the rear air tube seems to be hanging down.

Stove is an Enviro Cabello

Given that a fire is going right not cannot exactly get in there and poke at it for a while.

Any ideas whether the tubes should be rigidly fixed in (which would mean something is broken) or if they just sit in place which would mean I might be able to put it back once it all cools?

20200111_064706.jpg 20200111_064659.jpg

Was looking at my fire and noticed the rear air tube seems to be hanging down.

Stove is an Enviro Cabello

Given that a fire is going right not cannot exactly get in there and poke at it for a while.

Any ideas whether the tubes should be rigidly fixed in (which would mean something is broken) or if they just sit in place which would mean I might be able to put it back once it all cools?

View attachment 255037View attachment 255038
I suspect it's just knocked loose. I'd let the fire go out, clean out the ashes, and get in there to check it out. Based on the manual. Looks to be just a friction fit. Stick it back into the hole, take any screwdriver (except flat head!) stick the business end into an airhole and tap it back into place. Simple!

Reactions: Riverside_eng
I just installed the tubes on my new Enviro. I think there was a tiny notch to help align them on the right side. It wasn’t hard.

Reactions: Riverside_eng
Yes, just took it and put it back.

Not sure when it got bumped, probably just walked over time and then finally came out.

Will just have to put on my occasional check list to look over the notch gap so it doesn't end up walking all the way out again.
Glad it wasn't broken for you.

The tubes on my stove twist and lock in. Downside to that is, makes them much harder to get out. Particularly the back two. Have to lay on my back and reach inside in an uncomfortable position.

Nice work getting it fixed.