Security Chimneys Secure Temp ASHT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnxj

Jan 3, 2010
Ontario Canada
I have an older Security Chimneys BIS with a 7" ID factory chimney system. I have been thinking about yanking the BIS out and installing a free-standing stove in its place. Am I able to adapt a newer 6" EPA stove outlet to this chimney or do I need to start from scratch??? From what I have learned on the Security Chimneys website the Secure Temp ASHT is rated for 2100 deg F. However this system is 20+ years old so I'm not sure if it was manufactured to the same specs back then. I'm guessing it would be next to impossible to line a 7" pipe with a 6" SS liner, correct? Any input would be much appreciated...

I had similar questions about my security chimney, called the number for their site and they were very helpful.

Ehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.