Seeking advice from Englander owners of PDVC or Summers Heat 55-SHP10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about having a prototype made that would convert your little square stove into a beautiful enameled cast by mounting decorative steel front, sides and top. Kinda like an aftermarket kit. Any takers? What would you pay for something like that? Reality please....it may retail for about $900 or more.

edit...

I'm not really trying to sell anything, just curious what, if any, the market for such a thing would be.

Thats pretty expensive. Seeing how a factory refurb unit from AM/FM Energy is way less than $900. That is a Solid unit. But also a unit that is mainly bought because of the price.

Although I dont own one (own every other Englander ;) ) I am still interested in seeing a Prototype? ? If there is one??

How about a hopper extension/larger capacity for a M55C FS.

Great stove but sucks to fill. Also only holds about 1.25 bags (50 or so Lbs.)
For such a large stove the hopper access door (in the rear) is cumbersome at best.
And the regular (top) fill door is narrow and slanted like an insert. Real PITA.
Love to be able to fill it easier and be able to put 2-3 bags in at a time.

If I get some sheet metal I may make one myself and see if I can seal it.
---Nailer---

How about a hopper extension/larger capacity for a M55C FS.

Great stove but sucks to fill. Also only holds about 1.25 bags (50 or so Lbs.)
For such a large stove the hopper access door (in the rear) is cumbersome at best.
And the regular (top) fill door is narrow and slanted like an insert. Real PITA.
Love to be able to fill it easier and be able to put 2-3 bags in at a time.

If I get some sheet metal I may make one myself and see if I can seal it.
---Nailer---
How about an auto feed system that will take pellets from the garage and move em over once a day?

Auto feed from basement would be great but I already have one.

Me. :)

Especially when the house is cold and the dog starts to complain.

---Nailer---

i really like the enameled stoves, but I have about $1250 retail in my 25 pvdc now. (what with piping and all), so to add another $900,,,,, i don't think so, when it's time to upgrade I'll surely look at the bigger, fancier models that are already "pretty",,,, just my $.02

John

I think I would like to see it, but I would not buy it at that $$. I would guess that the majority of Englander owners are, dare I say thrifty, for that price tag.
Although, I bet 90% of the posters on the forum fall into that description.

How about an auto feed system that will take pellets from the garage and move em over once a day?

Yes, like Igor?

No Igor I said put the Stove Chow in the Hopper not the Toilet! Ug -- Another bag ruined! ! !

Attachments

• AutoFeedPellets.jpg
    AutoFeedPellets.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: subsailor
Would there be any benefits to stove operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.