1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Seeking Advice on Selecting a Zero Clearance Fireplace

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by FastEddie, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastEddie

FastEddie New Member

I am in the process of trying to choose a high efficiency, wood burning, zero clearance fireplace, and would appreciate any advice, suggestions and opinions on which brands/models might be the best and which, if any, should be avoided. I already know that I need a large unit, and have been considering such numbers as the Quadra-Fire 7100, Lennox Montecito Estate, Fireplace Xtrordinair 44, Napoleon NZ6000, Vermont Castings Sequoia EWF36, RSF Delta, etc. Any thoughts, good or bad, on these or some other fireplace that should be considered?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    First figure out if you want a cat unit or a non cat unit. Then research what type of chimney they take, that is if price is a concern. The only one i have first hand experence with is the quad 7100. Its a beast of a unit and takes fairly inexpensive pipe to install it. FPX has a agreat name as well as RSF. I have never seen the napoleon, but i have never realy been impressed by there other products, nor have i seen the VC, form what i hear there making great improvements the last few years.
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    All of those brands are of good quality. I'm partial to the FPX & VC since I sell them & neither of them require a really expensive chimney. If memory serves the FPX chimney is around 60 per 4' section and the VC is right around 100.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Look carefully at the warranty and the dealer/company to back it up. Once something is built-in, it can cost a bundle if something goes wrong.
  5. scfa99

scfa99 New Member

Loc:
    New Jersey, USA
    i have the 7100 and i'm very pleased. i posted ratings on it in the other section of this website. i also posted pics of the finished product. any specific questions, post em and i'll reply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.