Selkirk Model Eagle 5000 any info on this??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy H

Oct 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Just got one of these from my buddy for $50 he said it worked perfect when he took it out. He thought that it could be converted to Propane (It's natural gas now) and I figured for $50 I'd take a chance. If it doesn't work on propane then I'm out of luck and will probably just sell it for $50.

Anyways, I can't find any manual or any info on this thing. Does anybody know anything about this stove? If it can not be converted I wont even waste my time cleaning it all up and making a spot for it in my garage. If it can be converted that would be awesome.

btw, this is the only info I have on the thing

IMG_20120926_190444.jpg

If it's classified as a decorative appliance, it's just gonna burn fuel & not give you any heat. It'll be the same as burning vented gas logs. To me that means it's a natural draft appliance with an open flame. DEFINITELY not for a garage, where there may be flammables in the vicinity...For the price that LP costs these days, I wouldn't burn it. That being said, generally, these items are NOT capable of fuel conversion, kinda like Weber gas grills. Sell it to someone with NG who wants to waste their $$$ by burning it...

Reactions: Heatsource
Status
Not open for further replies.