1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Selkirk Model Eagle 5000 any info on this??

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by Andy H, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Andy H

Andy H Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Just got one of these from my buddy for $50 he said it worked perfect when he took it out. He thought that it could be converted to Propane (It's natural gas now) and I figured for $50 I'd take a chance. If it doesn't work on propane then I'm out of luck and will probably just sell it for $50.

Anyways, I can't find any manual or any info on this thing. Does anybody know anything about this stove? If it can not be converted I wont even waste my time cleaning it all up and making a spot for it in my garage. If it can be converted that would be awesome.

btw, this is the only info I have on the thing

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    If it's classified as a decorative appliance, it's just gonna burn fuel & not give you any heat. It'll be the same as burning vented gas logs. To me that means it's a natural draft appliance with an open flame. DEFINITELY not for a garage, where there may be flammables in the vicinity...For the price that LP costs these days, I wouldn't burn it. That being said, generally, these items are NOT capable of fuel conversion, kinda like Weber gas grills. Sell it to someone with NG who wants to waste their $$$ by burning it...
    A1Stoves.com likes this.
  3. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    yeah, these units were dedicated to a specific fuel, and very low quality
    Bob is right on as usual