Selling Price of a used Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
I am selling my CFM insert that I bought 3 years ago for $799. What kind of price is a fair selling price that I should be asking on CL.
The insert is small at 1.3 cf. It seems to be in good shape and has worked well.

What price to you think is a fair selling price?
Jim

I think $350-$400 would be a fair price if in great shape.

If you can hold on to it until fall when the weather gets chillier, it may be easier to sell at that time.

BeGreen said:
If you can hold on to it until fall when the weather gets chillier, it may be easier to sell at that time.
Thats what I was thinking but a guy in Minneapolis was advertising for a insert. I told him $500 and he said he was gonna keep shopping......

Tell him you are gonna keep selling. :coolsmirk: Salesman I know calls guys like him "Tire kickers and nose pickers.".

BrotherBart said:
Tell him you are gonna keep selling. :coolsmirk: Salesman I know calls guys like him "Tire kickers and nose pickers.".

Thanks I am gonna e mail him just what you said.
Do you think it worth 350 to $400?

Though I am not a fan of that insert, it is definitely worth $500 close to the season given what people are paying for stoves on craigslist around here.

I learned lots with this insert and agree that it is not a grade A. But for the guy who wants to heat up the family room on Saturday nights it works fine. Its a very busy stove with the 1.3 qf box. I was able to lower my heating bills $100 a month. It was a good starter stove.
I dont think the general public knows a lot about wood burning insert. It helped me to learn by studying the forum, lots of good information.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.