Sequoia 2160 top plate cracked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BobbyB923

Feb 18, 2024
Pittsburgh
I have a new to me Sequoia 2160 that came with the house I purchased. I started fixing a stuck damper control rod and in the process of doing that found a crack in the top plate (photo). It goes from where the combustor sits all the way to the damper opening. How worried should I be about this? Does the top plate need to be replaced? Should I just bite the bullet and get a more modern wood burner?

Thanks for any advice,
Bob

IMG_3876.jpeg

I looked it up.. that is the top cast plate part 63.. I also put the part number. in the picture

Me personally If this was my stove Id replace the part if available. You may not be able to get it right away.. Id weld the cracked one to get me through a period of time untill I could get the replacement