Sequoia Wood Fireplace / Stove mfg by ? Dura Vent ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Geor Isb

Dec 10, 2021
tri cities, wa.
I recently came into a wood stove. Tag on the back ( under UL Certified tag ) , give following info "Dura Vent Corp Sequoia Model S # 1095 Fireplace Stove" This is an extremely well built and heavy stove . It was stored several years in a shed after the house was abandon following a fire. The only "Sequoia" wood stove I can find is Kuma... Kuma denies this is a model they produced. Dura Vent advises me they do not make or sell stoves. The Dura Vent tag shows Redwood City , Ca. as its home , which is where current Dura Vent is located.... Does any one have any knowledge of this item. I plan on using it in my shop and am courious about its history.. Perhaps Dura Vent was a distributor and current employees not aware ??..

I recently came into a wood stove. Tag on the back ( under UL Certified tag ) , give following info "Dura Vent Corp Sequoia Model S # 1095 Fireplace Stove" This is an extremely well built and heavy stove . It was stored several years in a shed after the house was abandon following a fire. The only "Sequoia" wood stove I can find is Kuma... Kuma denies this is a model they produced. Dura Vent advises me they do not make or sell stoves. The Dura Vent tag shows Redwood City , Ca. as its home , which is where current Dura Vent is located.... Does any one have any knowledge of this item. I plan on using it in my shop and am courious about its history.. Perhaps Dura Vent was a distributor and current employees not aware ??..
Some pictures of the stove and I'd tag would help

There was a VC Sequoia, but that is not a fireplace stove. Need pics of both the stove and a sharp one of the UL label if possible.