Sequoyah E3300 Outdoor wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbniceguy

Oct 10, 2016
Marion Michigan
Hello everyone,
I recently moved back to my parents home to help take care of them. The have a Sequoyah E3300 OWS and my dad has dementia and is unable to tell me much about running the furnace. They did not get an owners manual when they had it installed. I was hoping that maybe someone might have a copy of the manual or tell me where I can get one. The company who made the stove was in Wisconsin but apparently went out of business. Any information offered would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,
I recently moved back to my parents home to help take care of them. The have a Sequoyah E3300 OWS and my dad has dementia and is unable to tell me much about running the furnace. They did not get an owners manual when they had it installed. I was hoping that maybe someone might have a copy of the manual or tell me where I can get one. The company who made the stove was in Wisconsin but apparently went out of business. Any information offered would be greatly appreciated.

=======================================================================================================

Are you sure he did not come by it used??

All of the units Rick built have digital controls; have you opened the rear panel to look inside?

Please contact Barrett enterprises at the number below as they were retailers for the evergreen OWB line and they may have a manual they can mail to you or a copy of one for your use.

Rick made good boilers. It is shame he did not add a water scrubber for the flue exhaust to make them EPA compliant.

1-877-904-8424

I will tell you that you should plan on adding a pallet of firebrick by stacking it to make more thermal mass
in the boiler by laying down a piece of channel iron wide enough that it covers the shaker grate frame to allow the grates to be shaken.

Adding the fire brick pile in the fire box aid in complete combustion of the wood and coal and also reduces the amount of smoke coming from the flue pipe when the automatic damper is open as the combustion temperature in the fire box is much hotter as the fire brick is releasing heat when the boiler is heating water and storing the heat when the damper and squirrel cage fan is shut down when the thermocouple is satisfied with the water temperature

I can go into more detail about this and the boiler if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.