Serenity: Pellets In Hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina1327

Apr 23, 2015
New Jersey
My serenity does not run out of pellets...what I mean by that is...it will not empty the hopper, it burns down until about 3 or 4 inches left and the stove will go out. I don't think this is normal...

My eco65 does that also. If I let it go it will leave a lot of pellets around the "crater" it forms going into the auger.

When I know it's getting low jn pellets I open the hopper lid and tap the side of the hopper and they fall in.

Probably letting in enough air in around the auger and the vacuum switch stops the feed. Has happened in couple other stoves. That's why some Harman stoves have a latch on the hopper lid.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
yeah I don't know I never let mine get that low,I top it off morning and evening. My hopper is pretty low now so I will run it out and see what happens.That few of pellets in the bottom is not gonna burn very long anyway so why let it get that low.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Status
Not open for further replies.