Seton Aquastats

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse-M

Sep 18, 2008
Columbia City, IN
I'm looking for the make and model number of the Aquastats on the w-130

Thanks alot 2.beans, did you get the TACO OOR 3 speed pump with your boiler?

no my boiler is 250 feet from my house so i used a 011. this was three years ago. thre are other aquastats that will work with the boiler though. you dont have to use the honeywell. id use a ranco 2100000 dual stage. that will run run your draft door and dump zone.

What size pipe did you run that 250', and did you insulate your self or use a thermo-pex type?

first against better judgement i did freds way using 3/4 in pex insulating over the top. first year was ok year two i got ground water in the pipe and burned wood to heat the ground water. so last april with two feet of snow and none over my pipe i dug it up , surprising there was no frost at all,(im kidding) i changed to an insulated pipe that i had found. its not thermo pex and its not the bubble wrap stuff. its kind of like the maxx-r stuff. i used 1" because 1 1/4 was hard to find and pricey. i was adding 1000 gallons of storage at the same time so the little i lost in flow i think ill make up in storage.

Thats cool, I'm in the same boat with the price and avalibility of 1.25" pex, so I'm going with 1" and trying the 4" tile with seperate insulated lines that I'm doing myself. ( I can't believe the price they get for that stuff) I will be at 200' from the house and trying to find the best pump configuration to go with. Bethel suggested that I put a pump at the house also, pushing back towards the boiler. One big pump or two smaller ones? I don't know!

im sure using a sizing chart will tell you a big pump, maybe start a new post, someone on here will tell what you should use.

Status
Not open for further replies.