Settings on an American Harvest 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Should be numbers on the triacs, if you end up buying new board it will be a 4 button upgrade and you will need new wiring harness as the plug is not the same.
After looking it’s a 12A 600V triac. Checked the triac for the exhaust blower and it has failed open so that is why it’s always running. Just order new triac (well a 20 pack) from Amazon and will be swapping it out this coming week. Then I should be golden. Ran it all day today with no issues. 74 indoor temp 45 outdoor temp. Wife was happy but 74 is too hot for this old fat guy. I guess not too bad for $300 for the stove and $100 for new distribution blower, person I bought it from even threw in most of the vent pipe, only needed three 90s and the vent cap. All in I’m still under $500.

Reactions: ARC
6039's and 41's (ignitor stoves) are about as simple as you can get and to me, simple equals reliable. Never had any desire or need for fancy trim or lots of electronic gizmo's to fail. Give me a simple 50K BTU input stove and I'm happy.

I read on here about noisy stoves and laugh. They are all noisy, they do have multiple motors and fans. We can do with the noise, no issue. In fact, after a while it becomes 'white' noise and when it's absent you notice it.

Heck, my wife snores louder than the stove ever is.......... :p

Wonder if I can plug our landline into it and ET can phone home? The landline phone has a 232 jack on the end..... :)

nope diff connections
Rs232 is a data connection using a Db9 (most common)
6D4AD9BE-2173-4689-884D-C1C20D584354.png

Reactions: ARC and SidecarFlip
After looking it’s a 12A 600V triac. Checked the triac for the exhaust blower and it has failed open so that is why it’s always running. Just order new triac (well a 20 pack) from Amazon and will be swapping it out this coming week. Then I should be golden. Ran it all day today with no issues. 74 indoor temp 45 outdoor temp. Wife was happy but 74 is too hot for this old fat guy. I guess not too bad for $300 for the stove and $100 for new distribution blower, person I bought it from even threw in most of the vent pipe, only needed three 90s and the vent cap. All in I’m still under $500.
Using my subpar soldering skills, I know have a properly and fully functioning 6039! Thanks ARC for your help!

Reactions: SidecarFlip and ARC
Lol if its working, your skills are not subpar, glad you got it going.

I have one of these. What setting are you running it at?

Mine right now is at heat range 3, room fan 9, draft fan 2, auger speed 1.

That heats my downstairs which is about 1,300 sq feet.

Draft is pulled out about an inch to where you have a campfire-looking flame.

when you guys used this setting, is it on manual or auto?

when you guys used this setting, is it on manual or auto?
I'm presently running HR 4 (which is where it usually is unless it's really cold and windy out), Room fan on 9 (where I always leave it), draft fan on auto and agitator on 1. I run a remote T'stat so the stove is always on auto. Keep in mind that I run a corn / pellet mix, 3 parts field corn to 1 part pellets of any type. If I was on pellets, I'd probably run the same settings anyway. Last cold shot we had (below 0 temps), I cranked it up to HR7, DF auto, RF9 and agitator on 2. I was sucking down fuel at a high rate of consumption, like about 130+ pounds every 24 hours. I don't care, my corn is all free anyway. Only issue I have is the corn ash. I have to shovel it into the ash pan every 3 days and empty the ash pan every week.

Also keep in mind that I set mine up with a custom algorithm, so my burn and fuel rates are not what the board is factory set at. If I cranked mine up to HR9, it would go into overheat shutdown.

]
Rs232 was used for programing and communications back in the day. It was slow but it worked well
Do you know of any PCB communication information related to a 6100 pellet furnace? I would like to monitor my furnace thru the rs232 port that is available on the PCB.