Sexy Legs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jminacci

Jan 9, 2011
south central pa
Hi Everyone,

I currently have an NC-30 installed in the family room of my 3200 sq. ft. colonial. I love the stove, but dislike the pedestal. Tomorrow, I am on a rescue mission to bring home another NC-30 score thanks to craigslist. It too has a pedestal. It's going in the living room. I have an extra set of legs from my original purchase and wanted to know the height difference between the pedestal and the 9" legs. I'm thinking of having a buddy or a local welding shop cut down the legs to six inches if necessary to save the 100 or so bucks on a set of six inch legs because I'm afraid it will be a little too tall for may living room install. It's 32 1/8" to the stone at the top of the fire place. I'd appreciate any advice and/info from you guys on the overall height of six or 9 inch legs.

Thanks in advance,

FO

I should know this cold. I think I needed 29.25" clearance with the taller legs. it's a wee bit shorter than the pedestal if I remember correctly.

usmc0861 said:
I'm thinking of having a buddy or a local welding shop cut down the legs to six inches if necessary to save the 100 or so bucks on a set of six inch legs because I'm afraid it will be a little too tall for may living room install.
FO
Thats exactly what I did. Neighbor has a large fab shop. We put em in a vice and used a port a band. Leave em on and use a level to make your marks with soapstone so theyll be level once reinstalled.

Can you not just put nc13 legs on them? How mucher shorter?

Status
Not open for further replies.