Shades of fall in New Jersey...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
As I write this I'm enjoying a 63 degree morning here in beautiful Hunterdon County-I feel like starting a fire right now! My wife thinks I'm nuts, but it won't be long now... Here's hoping for a cool September and a crisp October!

Woke up to a nice 54 degrees here! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I took my dog for a hike yesterday in the woods and already spotted a few trees turning....enjoy!!

Wow you said it. What a pleasant surprise when I walked out back this morning 64, I just wish it had come a day earlier. Bucked a half cord yesterday with temps in the mid 80s and a pretty high humidity. Looks like a pretty decent week comming up.

I dreamed of having a fire last night, literally. In my dream I finally got the Fireview onto my new hearth and fired her up. Mind you there is no piping connecting the stove to the outside chimney. I hooked up a blower fan to the outside chimney and let her rip. The smoke came out of the stove, rose up towards the ceiling and was sucked out by the powerful fan. In theory it could work. I think it's official, I'm nuts!

kork said:
Wow you said it. What a pleasant surprise when I walked out back this morning 64, I just wish it had come a day earlier. Bucked a half cord yesterday with temps in the mid 80s and a pretty high humidity. Looks like a pretty decent week comming up.

yeah this week is supposed to be really nice. i just hope i can shake this damn cold! it kept me in all weekend.

Well,
It was 34 this morning about 7am here in northern Mi.
58.5 in the house. Really wanted to do a fire, but it's supposed to hit 68 today. At 10:15 am, it 54, and the house had warmed to a darned near balmy 59.5. :lol:
Winter chill is not the same as summer chill, but it's still :coolsmile:
Some of the maples are just beginning to lose leaves, and the lone birch in the yard started that about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

Nice weather to split some wood for winter 11-12.
Dave

Ya PapaDave, I saw that Gaylord had 34 which tied the old record. We only got to 43 here. Not sure what the official temp was though. Still only in the 60's in the afternoon but I went for a nice 22 mile bike ride anyway. I put the fairing on to keep my feet from freezing; they still got cold. Temp right now is 64 and that will be our high for the day. We might see 70 tomorrow. It seems like its been a long time since seeing 70. A long, long time since seeing 80.

We went into temp shock today. Been in the 90s and when I woke up this morning with the windows open it was 60 outside and I had rolled myself up in the sheet overnight. Cool all day and zilch for humidity. Supposed to be that way for a week. Fifties at night. I could put up with it for six more months.

No hurry to light any stoves here. I used to get all excited about it. Now I can wait just fine.

I'm in Bucks County along the river and today was a big difference splitting wood compared to Saturday and yesterday. Much cooler and no humidity. I have four cord moved to the driveway for this seasons burning and currently splitting 3 to four 4 cord of black walnut for next season. Bring on the cooler weather! I'm ready for it...

Riegel said:
I'm in Bucks County along the river and today was a big difference splitting wood compared to Saturday and yesterday. Much cooler and no humidity. I have four cord moved to the driveway for this seasons burning and currently splitting 3 to four 4 cord of black walnut for next season. Bring on the cooler weather! I'm ready for it...

I hear ya. I am way behind. I usually have the wood for two years from now on the stacks by the end of May. Didn't happen this year. I dropped five big oaks two weeks ago and bucking, splitting and stacking in 90 degree high humidity weather sucks big time. If this cool weather keeps up I can knock them out by the end of September.

Totally off topic but I have to tell you Reigel, I love the avatar. I'm from just south of Trenton and grew up on Yuengling, or "lager" for the locals ;)

52 here this am.. in monmouth county nj. all wood is seasoned and ready....

Badfish740 said:
Totally off topic but I have to tell you Reigel, I love the avatar. I'm from just south of Trenton and grew up on Yuengling, or "lager" for the locals ;)

Thanks Badfish740, you are the first one to notice it. I lurk on this site everyday but don't login often. One day I thought I should have an avatar. Lager is the beer of choice and the logo is a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.