Shame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sappi westbrook, There is one in Jay, one in Stratton, one in Bucksport, Sherman has been down for a few years, Athen has new one going on line in the spring. There are one or two plants in northern maine but I think at least one of them are down. In NH, there is Bethlehem, Whitefield, Ashland, Springfield, Tamworth Berlin and Portsmouth. Vt has Ryegate and Burlington

Sappi westbrook, There is one in Jay, one in Stratton, one in Bucksport, Sherman has been down for a few years, Athen has new one going on line in the spring. There are one or two plants in northern maine but I think at least one of them are down. In NH, there is Bethlehem, Whitefield, Ashland, Springfield, Tamworth Berlin and Portsmouth. Vt has Ryegate and Burlington
The mill in Jay was the one I was thinking of. I don't believe the Westbrook mill biomass plant has operated in a few years now.

The Sappi pulpmill has been down for 20 years but they run their biomass boiler to generate power

Status
Not open for further replies.