Share your installation nightmare.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at a stove today that was so badly filled with creosote I do not think it can be salvaged. They had a fire in the hopper and the auger is completely seized with stage 3 creosote glazing, combustion fan looks like the nastiest clump of resin you ever saw and every inch of the fire chamber just completely caked. They asked me, "Should it every really look like that?"

At first I thought the husband might have forgot half of bag in the hopper. It smelled that bad like plastic. Seems that may have been some wires or sealant from the back side...ooops.

Too bad, all could have been averted. Seems the installers fastened the air intake hose to the air intake coupling with a 2" sheet metal screw. I found that odd. By using that long screw. as they tightened it down, the screw closed the air intake damper. So the stove has been starving for air since the day it was installed. Customer says that the installers also NEVER STARTED THE STOVE the day they put it in. What is wrong with these people?

Status
Not open for further replies.