She should stop whistling Dixie now...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Could hear air being sucked into the stove through one of the joints. Took some stove cement and worked it into the joint using a scraper. Seems like I got all of it, but will have to wait until tomorrow to fire her up. Sometimes I swear the stove talks back to me more than my daughters :)

Hope that fixed your problem.

Reactions: remkel
Could hear air being sucked into the stove through one of the joints. Took some stove cement and worked it into the joint using a scraper. Seems like I got all of it, but will have to wait until tomorrow to fire her up. Sometimes I swear the stove talks back to me more than my daughters :)
Just a heads up, but there is a good chance the cement will shrink and dislodge at some point during the winter. I had a slight issue with the Vig and I really had to pack in the cement to get it in deep enough for it not to come out at some point.

Other than that, I hope it works out for you and you don't need to mess with it again.

I had the same thing happen with the F3.

Just a heads up, but there is a good chance the cement will shrink and dislodge at some point during the winter. I had a slight issue with the Vig and I really had to pack in the cement to get it in deep enough for it not to come out at some point.

Other than that, I hope it works out for you and you don't need to mess with it again.

Hoping it works too. I spent a lot of time working the cement into the joint as much as possible, then I filled the remaining gap with cement. I have a feeling I probably did a better job than the "technician" the stove shop sent to do the job last time. If it falls out, I will make the repair again to get me through the winter. You will be happy to her I sent a note to Jotul the other day telling them how disappointed I have been. Hopefully I hear back from them.

Need to teach the daughters better too. ;lol

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Need to teach the daughters better too. ;lol
Everyday is a teaching moment. Believe me when I tell you they are learning a lesson watching the stove cement cure in the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.