Shenandoah AF77 wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2broke2ride

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2014
Townsend MA
Does anyone have any experience with these? I just purchased one brand new in the crate (although 30 plus years old) from my fathers employer who used to be a dealer.......paid $100, I figured for that price I couldn't go to wrong. I currently have a Shenandoah R77 stove that has been heating my house all winter but I thought this furnace with a blower and some duct work would do a better job of moving the heat from my uninsulated basement to my living areas......... What do you guys think?

Nobody has any experience with one of these? I guess I will have to find out for myself next winter and post my findings here :)

I have one, I use it to heat my home, also use a high efficiency carrier 9200 LP gas furnace as back up.
It burned a bit dirty until I retrofitted it with a catalyst made of stainless steel tubing and I used black pipe and shut off valves to meter the additional combustion air.

Reactions: hondaracer2oo4
Status
Not open for further replies.