Shock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably not good. Static charge can do some NASTY things to electronics. Wish I could help you further. Once you get it straightened out, I recommend getting a humidifier, or at the very least, discharging the static on something metal other than the stove, BEFORE touching it.

assuming you meant turning the stove up by the controls on the stove , yea not good . i could type on , but better you tell us what kind of stove and thermostat .

also where you live and what kind of pellet stash you have :)

That's probably not good. Static charge can do some NASTY things to electronics. Wish I could help you further. Once you get it straightened out, I recommend getting a humidifier, or at the very least, discharging the static on something metal other than the stove, BEFORE touching it.

I wasn't touching the pellet stove I was turning up the thermostat on the wall about 12ft away from stove

assuming you meant turning the stove up by the controls on the stove , yea not good . i could type on , but better you tell us what kind of stove and thermostat .

also where you live and what kind of pellet stash you have :)

I was touching the thermostat on the wall about 12ft away. The stove is a vistaflame 100

ok this is like pulling teeth ... have you tried starting on manual ? sorry but we're not there so ... another suggestion , try unplugging the stove for at least one minute , then plug it back in .

ok this is like pulling teeth ... have you tried starting on manual ? sorry but we're not there so ... another suggestion , try unplugging the stove for at least one minute , then plug it back in .

We have unplugged it and nothing. We checked the fuse and it's fine. Everything works except the blower it hears up but blower doesn't come on

i'm guessing that you've fried your board from the static . however , that's just my opinion . a new board is @ $270

ok disconect the thermostat from the stove and connect the two wires together or just put a jumper between the therm connections on the board . now what ?

M
ok disconect the thermostat from the stove and connect the two wires together or just put a jumper between the therm connections on the board . now what ?

My husband said he wasn't touching anything. He is gonna go talk to the people who we bought the stove from. What would doing that with the wires do

M

My husband said he wasn't touching anything. He is gonna go talk to the people who we bought the stove from. What would doing that with the wires do

the stove originally comes w/o any thermostat . there is a block with two connections on the back of the board with a jumper between them . to hook a therm to your stove the installer has to remove the jumper and replace those wires with the wires from the therm .

i was just trying to remove the therm from the equation to see if it's the board that took the hit from the static electricity or not .

btw , i own the same stove ;)

Thank
the stove originally comes w/o any thermostat . there is a block with two connections on the back of the board with a jumper between them . to hook a therm to your stove the installer has to remove the jumper and replace those wires with the wires from the therm .

i was just trying to remove the therm from the equation to see if it's the board that took the hit from the static electricity or not .

btw , i own the same stove ;)[/quo

Thank you for your help. My husband just went on a fire call. I will pass the info on and let you know how things go

Status
Not open for further replies.