Shop Heater Hookup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhizando

Mar 16, 2011
Upstate New York
I am extending my shop this Spring and need a way to heat it. I currently have a WoodMaster 4400 and was wondering what others have done here. I would have loved to do radiant floor but that's out of the question now as I already have a slab.

I was looking at these:

http://www.outdoorstovesupplies.com/Detail.bok?no=129

Has anyone used one of these before? How do you heat your shop?

Thanks!

How big is the shop? Whats gonna be happening in the shop? Got access to free wood? Why do babies cry for no good reason?

Shop size : 30x40ish

Free wood: I scrounge up what I can, but I usually buy a couple log loads each season.

Uses: This would not be a business operation. Most likely be used for short periods of time. Ex. Working on the truck, snowmobile, drinking beer = ), etc.

Insulation: I have bought insulation just have not put it up yet.

The first thing I would suggest (disclaimer, I dont not sell OWBs) Would be a cheap wood furnace. Something about 100K btus so you can charge it with wood and heat the place up fast. No ductwork, just let the heat fly. It would be up to you if you wanted to get an EPA furnace. With spotty usage, you may not realize the advantages to an EPA Furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.