Should I swap out my NZ 3000 for a PE FP30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nz3000owner

Apr 11, 2018
CT
So in the fall of 2011 I installed an NZ3000 in the House. I’ve loved it over the years. But the last few years I’ve started to replace a few things as needed. Rear fire brick, insulation blanket, insulation baffles, and just this year I needed to replace the reflector on the left door, the locking latch rod on the right door, and gaskets are prob in order. So those 2 parts are not in the book. I called Nepoleon and they gave me the pn. I order them from my local shop. It took over a month to get the reflector and then find out the latch rod was not available! The shop proceeds to tell me about the new epa 2020 mandate and we discuss the idea of some manufactures possibly closing and the fact that not many manufactures can meet the new mandate and they don’t seem to be doing the research to meet it. The local shop does sone research and comes to find out that the part number nepoloen gs e me for that rod was wrong. So they now say I can get it and have reordered it with the new pn and said I may have it in a month.

So this now has me thinking. Because the rest of the story is I never finished the fp wall. The stove is in and works and heats the 3200 sq ft house. But the finish is durorock. Yup I haven’t finished it with stone yet 7 years later. I heard it from my now exwife and now my girlfriend is asking when Will i finish it. So back to my thinking again, do I spend the time and $ now to finish this project or do I tear it out now and get a fp 30 and install and complete the project. They tell pa icicles energy is one of the few manufactures who meet the new mandate now and will prob be around a long time. So will I be potentially stuck with an nz3000 that I can’t get parts for in a couple years?

Idk. Any thoughts? Anyone chime in who has an FP30? How do you like it?

But the finish is durorock. Yup I haven’t finished it with stone yet 7 years later. I heard it from my now exwife and now my girlfriend is asking when Will i finish it.

Idk. Any thoughts?

The Durock is apparently installed in such a way as to detect the perfect girlfriend. When she looks at it and doesn't say anything, she's the one.

You should never cover it up.

What kind of burn times are you getting with PE FP30 or T6?

The stove shop tells me I can get 12 hr Burns with it easy. Why’s the definition of a 12 burn with your stove? If I load my nz3000 at 10pm and it’s at 400f when I go to bed and close the air all the way down the stove top will be around 200f at 7-8am and it will have climbed to peak at 500-600f. So that’s a 10hr burn in my 3000. And this without using the blower. If I use the blower the stove top will be colder for the same time frame