Shoulder season AC too?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
Gotta luv Jerz weather. Sunday 1st fire low 44 degrees. Today 80 and humid central air on . Anybody have 5 day swing or less to speak of. I'm just sayin this is wackey chit.

Same here. Heaters to knock the chill off in the morning and A/C to knock the sweat off in the afternoon. Just can't bring myself to start the season just to let the fire die and turn on the cooler four hours later.

We're still enjoying 80°F afternoons with basically our normal insignificant humidity, and our overnight temps are tracking historical averages down into the 30°F's. A 50°F diurnal swing in temps is pretty much par for the course up here in the high desert. Makes for pleasant evenings and good sleeping. Have yet to light a fire, but I have closed most of the windows that have been open all summer long. Oh, do I ever remember (and not miss one bit) the mid-Atlantic weather. Won't be long before we're all bitching about the cold. ;lol Rick

Has been in the 30's but perfect in the days. I really savor this time of year!

Same here low of 35 last saturday with first fire of the season and yesterday and today had the AC running. I remember last spring had the AC on one day and forgot to turn it off, started a fire two nights later and it made the AC kick on. I think it ran for 30 minutes before i realized it:mad:

We're still swinging between mid 60's days and low 50's nights. (And still no rain) When we need a shot of warmth, the heat pump does the job.

Last week we have had a lot of sun with highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s/50s. I've been able to just close up the windows at dinner and the house holds the heat overnight. Last couple days of pouring rain I expected to need heat but so far we are still holding 70 inside.

Next week its back to sun and high 70s.

Mid 40's during day and low 30's at night.

Only turned the stove on 3 times so far.
Window left open for first freeze,
Woman complained,
And I arrived home after a over nighter and the house still had the night chill.

The house usually drops to around 64 overnight and raises itself to 67-68 during the day. Radiant gain and boiler stand-by "losses".

Stoves been set at 60* just in case.

Looks like about 5 more days of relatively warm temperatures before it cools again. Was supposed to get to 66 today but hit 70!

Status
Not open for further replies.