Shoulder season/Room manual day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Today here in Eastern Pa outside Phila is very damp and drizzly..
Not really cold but damp enough to chill your house and bones all day.
The sun is not ever coming out so no chance of a warming at all today.

On Room/auto the fire will die down and be re-ignited prob dozen times today
so this is when many keep it on Room/ Manual or Stove /Auto .[If they are home]
Maint burn Keeps the fire Alive, the stove always hot, and saves Ignitor wear..
hope this helps some newbies with Auto-Ignitor stoves.
Prob use much less than 1/4 bag of xtra pellets on Maint burn thruout the day..

Last edited:
Today here in Eastern Pa outside Phila is very damp and drizzly..
Not cold but damp enough to chill your bones all day.
The sun is not ever coming out so no chance of a warming.
On Room/auto the fire will die down and be re-ignited prob dozen times today
so this is when many keep it on Room/ Manual or Stove /Auto .[If they are home]
Maint burn Keeps the fire Alive,keeps the chill out, the stove always warm to hot, and saves Ignitor wear..
hope this helps some newbies with Auto-Ignitor stoves.
That's good but if I did that my house would be about 79 deg. when it's in the mid 50s outside and use more pellets than in auto. No I use Room temp Auto this time of year, then the outdoor temp can be 28-55 and my house will be 72 right on through it. And the igniter is there to use so I use it..

I switch to Room Temp Manual when the colder weather comes in and my stove wouldn't shut down anyway or it might attempt to but never make it. In this situation I get lower ramp ups of flame. Still the house stays 72 deg or maybe 73.

There are times I use Stove temp manual, that may be when we have company in the living room. I turn the dial down to under 4 for the steady burn. People get that the stove should be burning steady, they may not get the high ramp up and then following low burn. And the blower stay off or at least low. We have a bible study in our house once per month and I do it for that for instance.

And there I times i use Stove Temp Manual or Auto but dialed up to 5 or 6. This when the stove has been off for what ever reason and I want to catch the house temp up. I let it go like that for a couple of hours or more cause I like the constant heat..Or I may do that other times I want to feel constant heat. The constant radiant heat of a P series stove that is.

That's good but if I did that my house would be about 79 deg. when it's in the mid 50s outside and use more pellets than in auto. No I use Room temp Auto this time of year, then the outdoor temp can be 28-55 and my house will be 72 right on through it. And the igniter is there to use so I use it..

I switch to Room Temp Manual when the colder weather comes in and my stove wouldn't shut down anyway or it might attempt to but never make it. In this situation I get lower ramp ups of flame. Still the house stays 72 deg or maybe 73.

There are times I use Stove temp manual, that may be when we have company in the living room. I turn the dial down to under 4 for the steady burn. People get that the stove should be burning steady, they may not get the high ramp up and then following low burn. And the blower stay off or at least low. We have a bible study in our house once per month and I do it for that for instance.

And there I times i use Stove Temp Manual or Auto but dialed up to 5 or 6. This when the stove has been off for what ever reason and I want to catch the house temp up. I let it go like that for a couple of hours or more cause I like the constant heat..Or I may do that other times I want to feel constant heat. The constant radiant heat of a P series stove that is.
yes..
there are variables which I didn't go into like the well Insulated house versus Un-Insulated. Big differences.
I have been home all day and the house temp has stayed constant 71-73 degrees with stove set at little over 70 . Low Fan speed.
my house is 90 yrs old not well insulated.
If we would have had a warm up today prob would have only run the stove an hour or so in Auto.
once the weather stays Constant 40's or below I will be in Stove/Auto thruout winter..
Not a big Fan of HIGH flame/LOW Flame/ NO flame in room/auto mode which is what my Harman was designed for but Never feels like a steady warmth..
milage will vary in different dwellings.

Last edited:
Reactions: alternativeheat
yes..
there are variables which I didn't go into like the well Insulated house versus Un-Insulated. Big differences.
I have been home all day and the house temp has stayed constant 71-73 degrees with stove set at little over 70 . Low Fan speed.
my house is 90 yrs old not well insulated.
If we would have had a warm up today prob would have only run the stove an hour or so in Auto.
once the weather stays Constant 40's or below I will be in Stove/Auto thruout winter..
Not a big Fan of HIGH flame/LOW Flame/ NO flame in room/auto mode which is what my Harman was designed for but Never feels like a steady warmth..
milage will vary in different dwellings.
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.