shoulder season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always remember,Happy wife happy life! (just a small fire)

No fires here except in the outdoor fire pit. I've seen a few comments about possible small fires due to overnight chilly temps....it's got me wondering, are you people not closing your windows at night? :)

I gradually close all our windows as the evening progresses and around 6am it's still 70+ in the house.

I suspect some of us are just looking for a reason to fire one up!

Muncybob,
It's been down right chilly and damp up here, the last few days. Had to turn the radiant floor on in the kitchen. But it's kept the blackflies at bay for a day or two. Give us a chance to build our blood supply back up. :)

Temps have been in the 50's and 60's here at best for the last few days with out much sun. No fires, but no 70's in the house!

Well, I spoke too soon....overcast and misting with temps barely at 60 today here. But, I see later in the week "they" are saying overnight lows around 68.

It's all good for me...I prefer the cool temps at this stage in my life unless I'm next to a pool/lake or ocean with a cold one in hand. I am enjoying the extended daylight though...gives me time to get things done and even enjoy a walk before sunset.....after I close the windows first!

Status
Not open for further replies.