still burnin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah and the system that has moved into the northeast seems to be hanging around. Started crazy hot in May and now has stayed cool.

Yep, fired the stove up this morning. Love it!

My wood burner is done for the season. If its chilly and damp, I use my furnace, but thats IF its bad outside. Trust me, itll get hot soon!

Reactions: colin.p
yep fired the stove Sun. and this morning , take the chill out of the house . Was 42F at 6am outside

Yep, fired the stove up this morning. Love it!

yep fired the stove Sun. and this morning , take the chill out of the house . Was 42F at 6am outside

yeah, it was 34° when I got up this morning over here near the Dells. Outside of a handful of hotter days, we are actually having a decent spring for once. I'm done burning though. House was 65° this morning, it will eventually warm back up.

Yeah, could have fired up a few times this month with some chilly mornings but doesn’t take long this time of year for the sun to warm things up.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
Yeah, could have fired up a few times this month with some chilly mornings but doesn’t take long this time of year for the sun to warm things up.

Same here.

Coolest it's been in the house here for a while..72 inside right now, about 60 outside. I can't recall a stretch of low temps like this in June, since I've been here. I'll embrace it though, in shorts and sandals, because it won't be long before we begin to melt. ;lol

58º this morning and cloudy. Yesterday it was in the low 80s. Normal spring weather here. Spring typically lasts about 4 months in the Pac NW, from March through June. This is one of the reasons a heat pump makes such good sense for our climate.