Show me your pellet storage device or loader & I will show you mine...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

anthony20208

Nov 12, 2018
New England
I designed this unit and had it built locally at a machine shop.

specs:
a. 240lb wood pellet capacity (7, 40lb bags)
b. container all aluminum construction with folding doors (light weight, anti corrosion properties, fire resistant, heat resistant)
c. hydraulic lift rated at 750 lbs
d. rolls on wood safe castor wheels
e. internal bag cutter
f. self closing guillotine door (no run away pellet discharge)

Curious what everyone else is using to store and move their pellets indoors.

Attachments

• IMG_20180116_181438.jpg
    IMG_20180116_181438.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: duramaxman05
Nice build, I take it your garage is a long away away from your pellet stove. How do you move the pellets from your storage tank to your hopper?

Nice build, I take it your garage is a long away away from your pellet stove. How do you move the pellets from your storage tank to your hopper?
Fortunately my pellets are stored in my garage which is attached but not directly accessible. I have to walk outside the house to another door on the garage to get to my wood pellets that are bagged. The pellet box allows me to load it once a week and have my wife or kid be able to load the hopper with the heat on high and not get a hernia, spill the pellets, or get burned in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_20180129_154819.jpg
    IMG_20180129_154819.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 164