1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. lumbering on

lumbering on Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New York
    Went to make a slight edit to my signature line, but error message stated I needed to delete 7 lines, 14 characters and a smiley face before it would save.

Are shortened signatures a requirement of the new system, or a bug I'll need to be patient about?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Actually, we are going to limit signatures in the future - this is not a requirement, but a decision.
    Sigs have been getting longer and longer and now often take up 10X as much room as the actual post, resulting in the thread pages being longer.

The final decisions have not yet been made or announced, but chances are the length will be short and maybe get longer once you have a 100+ posts, etc.

New members signing up now or changing will be subject to smaller sigs! I guess that is what you are running into.

Soon I will make a formal announcement and plan of action - that is, eventually we may have to erase all the old ones and have everyone put in new ones.

This has been an intention from the start - the old system limited the actual displayed size to some degree, but had no way of being more specific (number of links, etc.).

For those who want long intros, the sigs can link to your members information page which can contain large amounts of text, etc.