Simpson Dura Pellet Vent confusion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
I am sitting here reading through my manual that came with the pipe when I got it and now I am just flat out confused. I have the plain and simple pellet vent not the pellet vent pro. On the stickers that came on the pipe it says 1 inch min to combustibles, but on the site I bought it from and even the simpson dura vent site says it's 3 inches min to combustibles for the USA. In the simpson dura pelletvent manual that came with the pipe claims to even say 1 inch min in USA for pellets, oil burning, and corn burning, but 3 inches in Canada for pellet and corn. Also on the sticker that is on the pipe says not for use with cornburning appliances, but says you can burn corn with this pipe?? Freaking confusing! Anyways I already have the pipe in through the wall with the thimble and it gives it a 1" radius from pipe to the outside wall. I just measured. So anyone have thoughts?

I just bought a kit for my Fathers 25-PDV and its standard Pellet Vent (Not Pro), it also stated 1" CTC... I was confused also.. I bought the Pro, because it was 1" CTC (Clear to Comb).... He still has 3", so I am not worried, but the 1" had me confused???

Ya just a little confusing when they have it posted as two different clearance's. What really throws me off is the wall thimble that came with my standard pellet kit makes the pipe only a 1" (CTC) . I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up.

I Talked to Dura vent today and they said pellet vent is 1" in USA and they put 3" because that is what it has to be in Canada. Kinda confusing, but got it figured out. They could make that a little more clear on the website and stickers.

So it is 1" on both the standard and the Pro? Only advantage is a better seal (maybe?) and multi fuel ability. Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Ya it's 1" for both pellet vent and pellet vent pro in the States. I know on the stickers (pellet vent) it says not for corn burning so that would have to be advantage with pro. No problem

Status
Not open for further replies.