Since Winter's supposed to be over, I calculated the stove savings.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Last year, from the beginning of November to the beginning of April I used 721 CCF of gas to heat the house. This year I used 400 CCF so I used 321 CCF less than last year. Gas cost me $1.534/CCF delivered this month. I saved $492.41 straight out. Now when you calculate that there were 347 more heating degree days than last year (Did I calculate that right? Current year 5635, last year 5288) you start thinking that there was a much greater savings. The best part was, the wife was warm this winter.

By the end of next year, stove, hearth and chimney will have paid for itself.

Matt

Ya got to love it! I'm thinking with my NG savings from the last 1 1/2 years my stove should pay for itself by the end of next year.

And it actually felt warmer using the stove then with NG/oil didn't it? Before we put our stove in, we bundled up, thermastat was set at 65, sat under blankets, and in January the heat bill (back in 2003) was $450 per month! Now we have the stove.....the house is at 78, a constant 78 degrees, and it feels cozy, for about 1/2 the cost. We haven't turned our furnace on for 3 years!!!!

Many morining I look at my chimney before going to work no smoke and I left a wrarm house Then sometimes I look to the east and give Opec the middle finger solute.
Not a bad way to start the day the smugg iner smile you are beating those bast---s What really felt nice is questioning the oil man why he was here? I had not called him and his last
delivery was in June. Since I built my home I estimate that I have saved 25,000 gallons of oil usage. I think that pays for a few stoves

Status
Not open for further replies.