Single wall to support box (connection trouble)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardedpt

Dec 26, 2015
Atlanta
Hey guys… This is my first post. I have just installed my first woodstove. It is a pleasant hearth 1800 ft.² stove. I am using Dura-Vent singlewall pipe.
I have a Dura-Vent basic support box. I am running singlewall Dura-Vent pipe from my stove to my support box. Here's the problem:

I am having trouble getting the pipe to connect to the support box. I have a silver connector that doesn't seem to want to fit. I have included pictures… Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Single wall to support box (connection trouble)
    image.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 161
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 173
    image.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 148
Ah ok, you have the piece. One end should fit in the pipe, the other in the box. Which side doesn't fit? Check the documentation, you may have the connector for double wall instead of single.

If it just won't fit call DuraTech support. It's possible you have a factory error. They will probably want exact measurement of the diameter.

What you have will work, it just needs crimped and screwed together securely.

Ah ok, you have the piece. One end should fit in the pipe, the other in the box. Which side doesn't fit? Check the documentation, you may have the connector for double wall instead of single.

I believe I do have the connector for double wall unfortunately. There is one smaller diameter end and one larger diameter end. This is indeed for double wall. I have watched videos and these parts slide together snugly. For me to get this to work I would have to really modify some things.

Hey guys......Heres another question.

There is a single wall pipe that is part of the internal section of the support box. Just to clarify....Does the part that I need go over the outside of that?

I believe your right.....however the link you provided is for a stovetop adapter. Will this still work?
Ohh sorry. That won't work, the one for the box is very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.