Sirocco 30 pedestal and door question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rybern

Aug 21, 2018
NE Alabama
We're about to order the Sirocco 30.2 and on our quote they list four different items as part of the stove. I plan to call and ask about items 2 and 3 but I thought I would ask about them here first.

1. BK-S.SC30.2.BK Sirocco 30 Wood Stove Free standing on Pedestal
2. BK-S.Z2780.BK Black door w/handles for Sirocco 30
3. BK-S.Z3903.BK Pedestal w/ ashpan for Sirocco 30
4. BK-S.Z1714 Fan kit

Item 1 and 4 are common sense. Doesn't this stove come with a door and pedestal? If item 3 is an added option to include the ash pan drawer, I've read that many folks don't use the ashpan and even plug the hole to seal it off. Please elaborate on this if you don't mind. I don't want to spend money on something that I might not use. BK is new in this area and the sales person(although very nice and helpful) doesn't seem to have hands on experience with the ashpan.

Thanks for your help, we will be ordering within the next two weeks.

Door is separate as with all doors on BK's, you have a choice between a leg kit or a pedestal kit for your stove.

Thanks for the info.
get the fan kit, its a life savor when running the stove on medium (10-14hr burn time) fan running on low just oozes the heat out, makes a real difference, I first bought my princess without the fan kit, went 2 months then bought and installed it and it made a huge difference.

get the fan kit, its a life savor when running the stove on medium (10-14hr burn time) fan running on low just oozes the heat out, makes a real difference, I first bought my princess without the fan kit, went 2 months then bought and installed it and it made a huge difference.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the fan kit. Most folks have suggested we get it. We have made provisions(outlet behind where stove will be) and are going to get the fan kit. We're also doing a corner install and I don't want to deal with adding the fan kit later.