SIT Nova 820 Valve - Low Flames

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marc Leidig

Oct 16, 2023
Upstate NY
Stumped.
I have a fireplace w/ SIT Nova 820 MV (NG).
When turned on. There is super low output on Burner. I mean... flames 1/2" high at most and not all the orifice light.

Tests
1. Pilot. lights and stays lit. So I did not bother testing thermocouple.
2. Thermopile MV - Test . Tests good - Both measurements (w and w/o Pilot) are within range.
3. Gas Pressure test w/ manometer. Both Input and Output Measurements test within range
4. FYI for Testing I also removed any exterior switches and am testing with a jumper at the valve.

QUESTION - Can valve output on pressure test be good, but Valve output to burner be bad?

Photo is w/ the Valve turned on. Very little flame, almost non existent

Fireplace is Wolf Steel LTD (Napoleon) GD70 w/ Phazeramic burner

IMG_7181.jpeg

Last edited:
In most instances, low flames on the burner of a gas stove can indicate a partial blockage of gas flow. That blockage occurs BEHIND the burner orifice. The orifice needs to be pulled & the gas line behind it needs to be cleared with a Qtip or small bottle brush.

Reactions: Marc Leidig
In most instances, low flames on the burner of a gas stove can indicate a partial blockage of gas flow. That blockage occurs BEHIND the burner orifice. The orifice needs to be pulled & the gas line behind it needs to be cleared with a Qtip or small bottle brush.
TY. I think you’re on the right track. My next post will be how to get to the orifice on my particular fireplace. Crazy.