Sized for the room or the house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
outside air kit .allows stove to suck air from outside instead of in the house.also inside air will be replaced with cold outside air cooling house

As above. You're lucky as you can route that horizontal or below horizontal - OAKs can't be angled up, which is an issue for below grade installs. The outside door shows that is not an issue here.

outdoor air kit, brings in air from outside to stove air intake

Stoveliker has good points. Since you're starting in the basement, you have the opportunity to install a stack tall enough to get some good draft.

The office occupant is going to love the heat!
I am the office occupant :) Our new house is finished upstairs, not down. However, it was built to be finished with rough in's for a bathroom and all ducting ran down a trunk and between joists. I've spent a good bit of time laying out how I want to do this because the walk out exterior doors are currently the only source of daylight so I wanted to maximize that feature as far back as I could take it. With double doors on the living room and bedroom it should help. The wood stove shares the same intention with mostly being an ambiance feature but it would be nice insurance for power failures as well. I am also planning to install a propane fireplace upstairs, but currently everything here is all electric, no alternative fuel sources currently installed and I have an undersized generator as a bandaid at the moment. Thankfully we've got buried electric and pretty reliable power, but just nice to have the opportunity to make the accommodations before I finish the basement and seal off the ceiling with drywall

If you are willing to leave the ceiling open, (no sheetrock), you should get some floor warming from the stove. Mostly above the stove room area.

If you are willing to leave the ceiling open, (no sheetrock), you should get some floor warming from the stove. Mostly above the stove room area.
No. It's going to be finished. The house HVAC was sized for the whole house and is ducted on both floors. The wood stove is not necessary, I just wanted to add one for an extra backup heat source during power outages or for ambiance downstairs. I will work out of the office daily and if we have guests they will reside downstairs, so it'd be nice to have some nice warmth like that down there. I could add a propane fireplace but I've never had a wood stove and now live in a rural area on 5+ acres so I've got access to wood from both my own property and the in-laws hunting land of 500+ acres.

Is it necessary? I like the look of a single pipe going out the wall, but imagining a second line out the wall seems cluttered.
The necessity may become obvious after installation. If you're careful to match your stove to your proposed flue, it may not be necessary.

No. It's going to be finished. The house HVAC was sized for the whole house and is ducted on both floors. The wood stove is not necessary, I just wanted to add one for an extra backup heat source during power outages or for ambiance downstairs. I will work out of the office daily and if we have guests they will reside downstairs, so it'd be nice to have some nice warmth like that down there. I could add a propane fireplace but I've never had a wood stove and now live in a rural area on 5+ acres so I've got access to wood from both my own property and the in-laws hunting land of 500+ acres.
The quality of wood heat is hard to beat. The Escape 1200 requires a 12ft flue minimum.

Drolet is a solid stove.
An OAK is useful for cases where a basement is at underpressure (due to the home acting like a chimney, transporting air up).