Skytech remote thermo, on a P43. Couple questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
I bought the Skytech 3310p last year and I hooked ti up for this season, I have my programs in, it will come on to 72 at 5:30am and go back to 65 at 8:00am then back to 72 at 3:30pm and to 68 at 10:00pm until the next morning. I currently have my temp swing set at 1, so I guess this would make it come on at 1 degree below set temp and go off 1 degree above.

Do I leave the stove in Auto, or switch to manual once it starts?

Is there to much of a set back in temps for the day when there is no one home, I wold have went lower but it seems if you go to low you just defeat your purpose as everything in the room has cooled way down, and it would take more energy to heat all the items back up to the room temp, I could be wrong in this.

Or am I better off just setting the temp at 72 when i get home and back to 68 when I go to bed and maybe 65 when I leave for work in the morning?

How about placement of the remote unit, I had thought about sitting it on top of my regular stat, it is about 10 feet n front of the stove and 4 feet to the left, last winter I noticed that I was comfortable when the regular house stat was at 72 and I would set my stove to that, so I figure if I put the remote on top or close to it it would be a good place to monitor my temps from.

I just figured the programing wold make it easier.

Thank you for your input on this and maybe some of you could lave me know how you have yours set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.