Sliding Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wooden Head

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
West Michigan
I have put new porcelain tile floor in my basement, When I installed my Quadrafire Santa Fe on the floor it easily slide on the porcelain surface. Any suggestions on stopping this?

I have put new porcelain tile floor in my basement, When I installed my Quadrafire Santa Fe on the floor it easily slide on the porcelain surface. Any suggestions on stopping this?
Hey Wooden Head, I would think a few wooden shims would solve the problem easily...I would think that any tiny exposed piece could be painted to match the floor coloring. I’m sure you will get a bunch of neat ideas....Bill

Could a piece of rubber be put at the corners edge of stove where it isn't as hot work?

Hey Wooden Head, I would think a few wooden shims would solve the problem easily...I would think that any tiny exposed piece could be painted to match the floor coloring. I’m sure you will get a bunch of neat ideas....Bill

Could a piece of rubber be put at the corners edge of stove where it isn't as hot work?

I thought about some shims but not sure if they would hold and not slide. Also was thinking about a anti-slip rug mat.
Keep the suggestion coming.

I also think small pieces of rubber under the feet. Not very noticeable, either.

How about putting a square of rubber under the stove at each corner?

How about some epoxy. Make things a little more permanent.

Or, tip it up and apply a bead of silicone in strategic areas. If you want, let it cure, the repeat on opposite side. Otherwise, seat when wet. You'll be able to pry it lose with a stiff putty knife.