Slow pellet stove sales mean good incentives...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
I got my dealer's winter newsletter today... they are offering 4 tons of pellets with any stove sold... not bad. Plus a $50.00 referrel (store credit) for every new stove customer that mentions your name.

Anybody else seeing these kinds of incentives?

Haven't seen this, but, I have seen a lower pellet price. $195 a ton for WoodFibers.Inc here. $189.50 a ton for ProPellet in Escanaba at the
TSC. 4 tons free means a winter of free heating or so.

I got the newsletter too. It's one ton per year for 4 years.
They always have some sort of gimmick, But I like gimmicks
(happy hour) thats prolly why I bought from them.

no pane said:

ha,ha,ha,ha. Given the dependability for warranty service after sales from most pellet shops , I`d hate to have to depend on those free ton of pellets 3 years down the road.

no pane said:
I think you have a choice... 4 tons now or 1 ton per winter. They also have the 2 tons free with a no interest financing deal...

I'd take the 4 tons now.

To address the other responses (someday I have to figure out how to answer multiple questions in one response!)...

The dealer's service dept. is top notch and they've been around since '91 I believe... pretty good dealer (not everyone agrees... he's also known as the Pellet Nazi!). And my price on their private label softwood pellet is $197.00 cash/$202.00 on a credit card... not bad but I know there are some other good prices showing up around here. Last year Pro-Pellets were $185.00/ton from a small reseller.

FireintheHole said:
.....I have seen a lower pellet price. $195 a ton for WoodFibers.Inc here. $189.50 a ton for ProPellet in Escanaba at the TSC. 4 tons free means a winter of free heating or so.

Those are really good prices, especially for the ProPellets....Eric at Kinsman Stoves sells & swears by them, so I'm sure their good....wish they were that price around here......

macman said:
FireintheHole said:
.....I have seen a lower pellet price. $195 a ton for WoodFibers.Inc here. $189.50 a ton for ProPellet in Escanaba at the TSC. 4 tons free means a winter of free heating or so.

Those are really good prices, especially for the ProPellets....Eric at Kinsman Stoves sells & swears by them, so I'm sure their good....wish they were that price around here......

I'll find out what the pro-pellets cost this year...stay tuned.

krooser said:
I got my dealer's winter newsletter today... they are offering 4 tons of pellets with any stove sold... not bad. Plus a $50.00 referrel (store credit) for every new stove customer that mentions your name.

Anybody else seeing these kinds of incentives?
Hello forum members ! New to the site but have been reading it for awhile now.WOW! What a wealth of information to be found here ! Krooser i see we are in the same area and was wondering who your dealer is ? I am in the market for a pellet stove and have been trying to learn as much as possible about them to make an informed decision as what kind to buy. Any advice from you pros here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Thundercat :coolsmile:

Thanks for the PM Krooser ! ;-) Thundercat

Status
Not open for further replies.