Small Maple Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When Sav was up last October we drove by this (sort of looked at me like when are you going to take care of that) another good drop by mother nature, the last picture is the area we hope to build a cabin.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5490.JPG
    100_5490.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_5491.JPG
    100_5491.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_5492.JPG
    100_5492.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_5494.JPG
    100_5494.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 114
Looks like you'll get lots of uniform splits out of it Zap. Sugar maple?

Small maple looks like a tall maple.
gibir

Looks like you'll get lots of uniform splits out of it Zap. Sugar maple?
I think so Realstone, it's in an area that has Sugar Maple.

We'll get a few fires out of it Bogydave, I still want that big maple up top but will grab this in the next two weeks. I told my wife the work on the area for the firepit wOOd start up again, I saw your post, the firepit looks great.

zap

Hey Zap, it's about time you cleaned that one up. lol

It's still up in that area Sav, need to move some wood that has been stacked for a year to next years (2013-14) wood, looks like I'm running out of room for stacking. I still have some room in the area for shoulder season wood.

PapaDave, it looks like that maple will be ready for next year if not before. The cabin is on the back burner until I 1.get the firepit done 2.stack the shoulder season wood 3.c/s/s the hardwood we have down 4. get back milling this fall
zap

The cabin is on the back burner until I 1.get the firepit done 2.stack the shoulder season wood 3.c/s/s the hardwood we have down 4. get back milling this fall
zap

WHAT? :eek:
The WOOD SHED Fell of the list ? Oh my<>

Status
Not open for further replies.