1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Q&A Small Prefab Wood Burning Fireplaces

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

Do you know of any manufacturer that makes a 24" wood burning fireplace. We would like to put one in the bathroom of our vacation home but cannot find one that size. Thanks.

Answer:

I checked several manufacturers, such as Majestic, Heatilator, Heat N Glo, and Temco, but could not find a 24" wide fireplace. You may find this in gas, perhaps, but my search did not include that option.

I'm sure the reason for not having such a small opening is
    #1, sales--------everyone wants a bigger fireplace view. And
    #2, performance------small fireplace fireboxes could lead to smoke entering the room in fluctuating draft conditions if not designed properly. My assumption is that combining #1 & #2 would lead fireplace manufacturers away from smaller wood fireplaces.

Having worked for one previously, I know that the trend is toward larger fireplaces both wood & gas.

You may, however, have luck with smaller electric and/or gas fireplaces. They have a decent aesthetic treatment, and can also provide spot heat if needed.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.