Small saw, what was I thinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I was bidding last night on a Stihl 009L and almost won. the more i think about it the more I wonder what I'm doing bidding on small saws. I was like ohh, that's nice i could use that when I'm up in a tree limbing. WTF, i don't limb up in a tree, i cut the darned things down and use the 028 to hack off everything.

Does anyone else here forget they just harvest trees and find themselves thinking about ropes and climbing gear and top handled saws, and everything that goes with it?

(i'm just trying to make myself feel better because that stupid saw went for under 53 bucks. It could have been Ethans first chainsaw, lol)

you have the fever! you must see a DR. quick

Danno77 said:
I was bidding last night on a Stihl 009L and almost won. the more i think about it the more I wonder what I'm doing bidding on small saws. I was like ohh, that's nice i could use that when I'm up in a tree limbing. WTF, i don't limb up in a tree, i cut the darned things down and use the 028 to hack off everything.

Does anyone else here forget they just harvest trees and find themselves thinking about ropes and climbing gear and top handled saws, and everything that goes with it?

(i'm just trying to make myself feel better because that stupid saw went for under 53 bucks. It could have been Ethans first chainsaw, lol)

I did the same and then realized I have the Stihl 310 and 390 so instead I bought a fishtv to scout for Walleye this coming summer before fishing tourneys.

Zap

i picked up a small echo from craigslist a few months back think it's a cs300 or something - $40.00 and it's great for the small stuff around the house when i don't want to pull out the monster 272xp

smokinjay said:
you have the fever! you must see a DR. quick

Yelp !! You have it!

It's called ....CAD!!

Chainsaw Addicttion Disorder.!!

Terminal!

So go ahead and bid again this, time for real!

Be glad you missed that 009L. When my 011 had issues I bought one new. The reed valves make it sound great, but I swear it vibrates worse than any saw I've ever used.

The question is how many saws do you need ?

I have four so logic would say I need Five.

Well 3 don't count because one is a little AC pole saw another is a 14 AC for out in the shed and one is an old david bradley ? 20+ inch no brake , no guards and it weight about 30lbs. I have never even put fuel in that one heck I have to take a rest after taking it down from the shelf its on.
So really the only saw I have is the MS250 and it works well just need a little larger model for some of the bigger stuff maybe a 390 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.