Small scrounge eye candy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
A dead standing tree had fell just down the road a few blocks and at first I didn't think much of it until I noticed how dark the wood was. It lay part on the road and the rest in the ditch so I got the ok from the landowner and cut some up and put it on pallets until next spring when I'll be refilling some racks. It's real heavy and I'm not sure what it is. At first I thought it might be Black Ash as it's common here but the rings aren't tight enough for the very slow growing tree. Some say it could be Red Oak but I hardly see any Oak in this area but twenty miles from hear it's common. The pictures aren't too good from the low sun. image.jpg Happy 4th everyone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Reactions: NordicSplitter
Hard to say from that set of pics. Some split wood pics and better end grain shots might help...

My guess is red oak. But the pics leave a lot to be desired. Wet the end grain then take a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.