Smallest Fireplace Insert available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also please provide all the dimensions as mentioned by all the friends here. Make sure to provide the width of the opening and the width at the back as well. This gives us an indication of your 'taper'. For ex. the front opening might be fine but if you have a severe taper then it really narrows the options.

The width in the front is about 30.5 inches and in the back it is 18.5 inches. The height is about 20 1/2 inches (not sure exactly how to measure the height) and the depth is 15 inches. The fireplace tapers in….....

I resent pictures to Begreen...hopefully he will receive and post them....

Thanks.....

That is a very small fireplace with a strong taper. Of the top of my head i dont know any insert that will fit but once you have your pics and dimensions others might be able to offer suggestions.

I just remembered that regency makes a stove called a hearth heater I believe, it sits right in front of the fireplace but looks like an insert, it only needs like an 8 inch opening for the flue pipe, probably would work perfectly for this small fireplace

Good suggestion Krex. So far it's looking like the Regency H2100 and the Country Striker are the best fits. Photos gave email a hard time. They were full size and needed to be reduced to a reasonable pixel width. FYI, this is a prefab fireplace.

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 449
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 438
When I was shopping for a stove last year I think I researched and saw just about every insert known to man, luckily I live in an area with alot of dealers. I'm glad to share what I found in my travels before I forget it all! Lol
And from what I saw all of regency's products seem rock solid, I couldn't fnd anyone that had a bad thing to say about them

WasteManagement said:
Whats going to be the difference between the Country striker and the Regency Hearth Heater???
The regency unit looks like it sits out a bit further, which means more exposed surface area and more radiant heat, the country striker doesn't sit out as far, I don't think it does, I am judging by the pics on their website, this means less radiant heat but it takes up less space on your hearth. Check out the websites and see which makes the most sense. Heat output is probably a little greater with the regency, both seem to have similar firebox sizes. I can't speak for the quality of the country striker because I have never seen one.

Did you check out the CI1200 on the Regency website? Must be new this year. The dimensions look like they would fit your opening all the way around. Has a more modern look if you like that style. The only thing that puzzled me was no mention anywhere regarding a blower. I imagine it would have a hard time heating the amount of space claimed with no blower and being flush mounted. Looks like a nice unit though.

Might want to also look at Quadra-Fire 2700i. I had a very small fireplace opening also, and the Quad fit.

Height is the question mark. I thought I only had 21", and it requires a shade over 22, so you might
be measuring it short like I did.

BeGreen said:
Good suggestion Krex. So far it's looking like the Regency H2100 and the Country Striker are the best fits. Photos gave email a hard time. They were full size and needed to be reduced to a reasonable pixel width. FYI, this is a prefab fireplace.

That looks alot like my Majestic prefab ZC that we had a country striker put in. Yes it was tight and had to have a off set adapter screwed down and sealed to top of the Strikers flue to make it all work

Image003.gif

Image009.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.