Smart Stoves England/SH/TR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSQJEEP

Nov 2, 2016
Maryland
Can anyone verify that these smart stoves all have side ash drawers? I looked at the manuals for both the 50-SHSSW02 and the 50-SHSSW01 and the blow-up diagrams all say side ash drawers, but it looks like the bigger of the two in the picture is a front drawer. Did England just use the same blow-up diagram since the main difference in the -01 and 02 is just size?

The side ash pan is a no-go for me. Might have to go with the 30-NC instead.

Picture of the larger stove (front ash pan?):
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summers-Heat-2-400-sq-ft-Wood-Stove/999918850

Model -02 Manual: (first page shows front ash drawer, p. 33 shows side drawer):
http://www.heatredefined.com/assets/images/general/15-SSW02.pdf

Most ash drawers are worthless anyway. On the 30 the ash drawer is so small most people don't use it. I never have used mine. Just shovel the ash out about every 10 days or so.

The smaller Englander has a drawer that pulls out to the side. The larger has a typical front facing drawer like most pedestals. I seldom use mine also. I wouldn't let an ash drawer dictate much when weighing a stove purchase personally.

The smaller Englander has a drawer that pulls out to the side. The larger has a typical front facing drawer like most pedestals. I seldom use mine also. I wouldn't let an ash drawer dictate much when weighing a stove purchase personally.
It's not a deciding factor, but will help narrow it down. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.