Smith Oil Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RowCropRenegade

Feeling the Heat
Mar 19, 2008
Southwest, Ohio
Grandpa's oil boiler took a dump last nite. Saw water coming out of unit and when I touched the damper it fell off!

They came and installed a Smith 175,000 BTU boiler. 6600 installed. Sound about right? Never heard of that type of boiler before, wondered if it was a good product. Had no idea they were that high. Makes a 30,000 garn project look alot cheaper. Grandpa didn't see it that way, haha. Very hard to find someone who works with hydronics around here. Hard to shop around when its in the 30s and grandma likes it 75.

If I wasn't snowed under with my own garn install, I would put one in over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.